Imagine you walk into Walmart, and the greeter hands you an envelope with $10,000. There’s just one catch: you have to use it in their store. You’d gladly accept, right? That’s the exact approach Google takes with its Ad Grants program for nonprofits, and a dedicated Google Grants agency can help maximize the use of those funds.
Through the program, the search engine behemoth offers nonprofits $10,000 in credits that they can use to promote their most important web pages. All they have to do is meet the program’s requirements and apply. So long as their accounts stay compliant, the grant automatically renews each month. However, that process is easier said than done.
Luckily, a professional Google Grants agency can handle every aspect of your Google Ad Grants management. To help you find an agency that meets your nonprofit’s needs, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to choose the right agency for your nonprofit. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- The Benefits of Hiring A Professional Google Grants Agency
- Common Services That Google Nonprofit Grant Agencies Offer
- 5 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Google Ad Grants Agency
- 5 Expert Google Grants Agencies and Their Approaches
Effective Google Ad Grants management is a reliable way to simultaneously maximize your nonprofit’s fundraising and marketing efforts. Let’s begin to explore how to choose a professional Google Ad Grant agency to power your campaigns.
The Benefits of Hiring A Professional Google Grants Agency
According to Getting Attention, the right Google Grants agency can transform the capabilities of your Ad Grant. Especially when you partner with an agency that specializes exclusively in Google Ad Grants management, you’ll be able to trust the expert to read up on guidelines, stay updated on campaign best practices, and leverage the right tools.
Here are some other key reasons you should hire a Google Grants agency:
- Monthly compliance: You’ll never have to worry about your account being deactivated when you have someone who thoroughly understands compliance requirements and monitors your account.
- Effective campaigns: The right Google Grants agency will help you pick the keywords that qualified prospects are already searching for online. Then, they’ll develop landing pages and ad copy that convince users to convert into supporters.
- Performance monitoring: They’ll constantly check in on campaign performance, test different versions, and ultimately make sure your campaigns are fully optimized.
- Increased brand visibility: They’ll help you create winning campaigns that spread the word about your cause and point to you as a trusted authority in the sector.
- Boost conversions: A Google nonprofit Grant agency will help you create and achieve meaningful conversion goals, like increasing donations, event attendance, volunteer registrations, and more.
- Clear reporting: Agencies that are transparent with reporting will make sure you understand your campaign’s performance data. They’ll take the time to explain what you need to know and provide targeted recommendations based on those metrics.
Essentially, agencies have the technical knowledge to maintain eligibility, create winning campaigns, and maximize your grant dollars. That way, you can rest assured that you’ll continue receiving your grant every month and reaching the right prospects.
Common Services That Google Grants Agencies Offer
Hiring a Google Grants agency is an investment that can reap meaningful rewards. However, just like with any investment opportunity, the engagement will be different for each organization depending on its unique position and goals. Some agencies are full-service, meaning they’ll manage every aspect of your account from eligibility confirmation to keyword research. Other agencies offer only limited or partial services.
Consult your marketing team and determine where exactly you need help. Do you need an expert to manage your entire account and analyze your monthly performance metrics? Or would you prefer an expert who will simply provide you with training to manage your own account?
Some of the most common services that a Google Grants agency will offer include:
- Grant applications: Applying for the program requires an extensive eligibility and verification process. A Google Grants agency will complete the process on your behalf and resolve any issues flagged by Google.
- Keyword research: An agency will conduct research and pinpoint the terms that your prospects are searching for on Google.
- Ad development: The expert will help you create compelling ads that inspire people to click through to your site. That often includes writing the ad copy to briefly touch on your case for support and choosing the best landing pages to promote.
- Ongoing compliance: Google doesn’t give out grants to just anyone. Their program has rigorous guidelines that you must follow to qualify. A dedicated agency will stay up-to-date on any changes in requirements, monitor your account, and make sure you’re complying with those rules.
- Monthly reporting: You need to understand how your campaigns are performing in order to maximize grant impact. Most agencies will loop you into your results with real-time dashboards and monthly reports.
- Account reactivation: If your account is ever suspended, a Google Grants agency that offers account reactivation will resolve any issues and make sure your account gets back up and running.
Each consulting agency takes a different approach to Google Ad Grants management. First and foremost, make sure you’re researching the services each one offers. Then, you can start reaching out to the ones whose offerings align with your nonprofit’s needs.
5 Questions To Ask Before Hiring a Google Ad Grants Agency
Hiring a Google Grants agency will ultimately determine how well you take advantage of Google’s corporate giving program. Not only should you research the services they offer, but you’ll also want to know about their reliability, fees, and methods. To choose an agency that will support your needs, make sure you ask the right questions during your initial consultation.
Let’s explore five key questions:
1. Are you certified by Google?
The team at Google has created a Directory of Certified Professional Agencies to help nonprofits kickstart their search. The agencies in this directory have been through a vetting process to ensure they understand the program.
While being Google-certified is certainly a plus, not being enrolled in the program doesn’t necessarily indicate an agency is an unreliable choice. It just means they haven’t been through the process of getting certified yet—what truly matters is whether they offer the services you need.
2. How are your Google Ad Grant management fees structured?
Some agencies offer an all-inclusive package that includes every aspect of account management. Others have multiple pricing packages that offer different combinations of services. Some even bill you based on the time they spend managing your account.
Make sure you inquire about how a Google Grants agency will charge your nonprofit upfront, so there are no surprises when you’re charged. Ideally, you want an agency that’s fully transparent in its pricing model.
3. Do you offer landing page consultation or development?
It’s no secret that a big part of effective Google Ad Grants management is promoting pages that are designed to convert. Harnessing the power of your grant money means maximizing the quantity and quality of your website’s landing pages.
The right Google Grants agency can help you manage your web pages, driving enough new visitors each month to stay compliant. Make sure they review your landing pages, determine which ones will help you reach your goals, and figure out how to optimize the layout and content. A big bonus is if they actually help you redesign and relaunch those pages!
4. What frequency of communication can we expect from your agency?
Ideally, you should have a dedicated account manager with whom you meet at least once a month. Through a communicative relationship with your Google Grants agency, you’ll be able to trust that your input is actually considered.
Your agency should take your input seriously and be willing to openly discuss your account’s performance. You should also feel comfortable asking questions about your account and any changes they make.
Also, remember that your options are far from limited when it comes to your agency search. Remote work has transformed the way organizations operate—there are plenty of tools at your disposal, such as video conferencing technology, to geographically broaden your search for an agency.
Ask whatever questions you need to during your consultation to determine if an agency meets your communication frequency and format preferences.
5. How will your Google Grants agency report campaign results to our team?
It’s important that your Google Grants agency consistently reports results to your team. Otherwise, how can you trust that they’re actually making the most of your campaign?
Work with an agency that provides transparent reporting and allows you to capture data on any actions that are taken. Good data hygiene is non-negotiable when it comes to tracking your Google Ad campaign data—make sure the agency you choose reports well-organized and thorough results to your nonprofit.
You’ll also want to know the cadence in which you can expect these reports. Rather than only providing a monthly slide deck, a quality Google Grants agency will grant you access to real-time data dashboards. This will give you daily insight into how your agency is managing your grant money and how those efforts are translating to conversions and revenue.
Beyond knowing the frequency and format of their reports, make sure they’ll sit down and translate this data to your team. They should be willing to analyze the data and provide explanations of any possible trends they notice.
Take the time to research different agencies to find the right fit. Once you’ve narrowed down your options, you’re ready to reach out for a consultation.
5 Expert Google Grants Agencies and Their Approaches
At this point, you should feel comfortable researching real agencies, not just talking about what you theoretically should look for. We’ve pulled together our top 5 recommendations to kickstart your search. Some of these are more generic consulting firms that offer other services in addition to Google Grants, whereas others specialize solely in Google Ad Grants management. Let’s take a look at some experts you can depend on!
As our #1 recommendation, we’re fully confident that Getting Attention will exceed all of your Google Ad Grant management needs. This agency will manage every aspect of your strategy, starting with eligibility confirmation. Backed by this agency, you can rest assured that your account will stay compliant, so you can continue putting your grant money to use each month.
You can trust their team of seasoned experts to handle the following:
- Google Grant applications. They’ll start by checking your eligibility for the program. Then, they will manage the entire application process, including getting your validation token from TechSoup and setting up your Google Ads account.
- Ongoing compliance. From maintaining a 5% clickthrough rate to reporting at least one conversion each month, Getting Attention will make sure your account meets the program’s standards.
- Keyword research. Getting Attention will help you design winning campaigns that align with your nonprofit’s goals. They’re well-versed in search engine marketing (SEM) and will provide data-driven recommendations based on what your prospects are searching for online.
- Landing page optimization. Getting Attention will help you relaunch and redesign your landing pages to drive more conversions through your campaigns.
- Account reactivation. If your account is currently lapsed or ever gets deactivated, this Google Grants agency will help you get back up and running in no time. That way, you can continue pursuing your mission and amplifying your work.
- Reporting. Through monthly health checkup meetings, your dedicated Getting Attention Account Manager will give you clear insight into your account’s performance.
This is just a glimpse into the Google Ad Grant management services this agency offers. Even if one of your needs isn’t listed on their site, they’re willing to discuss their experience and how they can help. To chat about your Google Grant needs, reach out for a free consultation with their team of experts!
DNL OmniMedia is a well-known nonprofit consultant that aspires to help nonprofits amplify their causes with technology. While it’s not their sole purpose, they empower nonprofits to improve their Google Ad Grant management through specialized services.
Some of their core services that will benefit your Google Ad campaigns include:
- Analytic management. This Google Grants agency heavily emphasizes effective data management. They’re experienced with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, and they’ll help you configure your accounts and create custom reports for your campaigns.
- Keyword strategy. DNL OmniMedia will help you develop a keyword strategy that aligns with your priorities. They’ll help you pick the cause-related terms that your prospects are searching for online, so you can make meaningful connections.
- Website development. Backed by a team of skilled developers, DNL OmniMedia can help you develop and maintain a quality website for your cause. That way, you can promote valuable content that enables your Google Ad campaigns to drive results.
For any nonprofit that wants to improve its technology management, DNL OmniMedia makes a great partner! They’ll work with you to map out a custom plan that makes sense for your organization, and one that includes Google Ad Grants.
Learn more about DNL OmniMedia!
Allegiance Group is a full-service consulting firm that focuses on fundraising, marketing, and technology solutions to help its nonprofit partners make a true impact. As part of its wide range of offerings, it empowers nonprofits to make the most of their Google Ad Grants with specialized consulting.
Some of its core Google Ad Grants management services include:
- Form optimization. Allegiance Group has firsthand experience creating forms through a wide range of tools. Using your preferred platform, they design custom forms, surveys, and petitions that go beyond the “out-of-the-box” functionality and drive more conversions.
- Ad creation. Allegiance Group will write the copy for your Google Ad campaigns, making sure it’s optimized for the audience you’re targeting. Then, they monitor the campaigns and make adjustments throughout to help you get the best results possible.
- Campaign reports. With custom implementations of Google Analytics, they can deliver reports and real-time dashboards that allow you to check into your campaign performance whenever. They’ll provide you with detailed campaign reports that include critical metrics, actionable insights, and even recommendations for your next Google Ad Grant campaign.
Not to mention, they’re also a certified professional Google Grants agency, so you can trust they know how to make the most of the program. If you want a more holistic approach to your marketing and fundraising, check out Allegiance Group!
Learn more about Allegiance Group!
As a certified Google Grants agency, RKD Digital empowers nonprofits to create powerful ad campaigns that drive real results. They were the first full-service direct-response company to be added to Google’s Ad Grants Certified Professional Community, offering specialized Google Ad Grant management services, such as:
- Account activation. Get up and running as quickly as possible. From filling out relevant applications to securing validation tokens, RKD Digital will help you activate your account if you haven’t done so already.
- Strategy development. They’ll help you identify the key goals for your Google Ad Grant campaigns that align with your nonprofit’s overall objectives. Then, your team can collaborate with them to plan high-level campaigns that contain ad groups, keywords, and ad copy to help you achieve those goals.
- Ongoing campaign management. RKD Digital doesn’t stop working once your campaigns go live! They monitor your Google Ad campaigns’ results and make adjustments along the way.
RKD Digital aims to eliminate the challenges of the program so that nonprofits can make the most of their grant. Check out their services and see what they can do for your cause.
As another one of our top recommendations, TrueSense Marketing is a trustworthy Google nonprofit Grant agency that can take your campaigns to the next level. They’re a full-service, direct-response fundraising agency that leverages astute analytics and strategies to inspire nonprofit donors.
With a background in search engine marketing, this Google Grants agency can help you develop meaningful campaigns through these services:
- Strategy alignment. TrueSense collaborates with your team to understand your nonprofit’s goals and overall marketing strategy. That way, they can develop Google Ad campaigns that push those goals forward.
- Google Ad creation. Next, this agency will audit your current website to find the best content to promote through your campaigns. Then, they’ll develop your keyword strategy to reach the right audiences and create ad copy that will inspire those audiences to click through to your site.
- A/B testing. This Google Grants agency will continuously monitor campaign performance. This includes A/B testing (also known as split testing) to determine the content that resonates best with prospects.
Plus, they’ve also been through the vetting process to become a Google-certified agency. Knowing this, you can trust them to handle your nonprofit’s application and ad development.
Learn more about TrueSense Marketing!
The Google Ad Grants is a powerful digital marketing opportunity for nonprofits, especially when you put thought behind your account management strategies. The program’s free funding can ultimately transform what you’re able to do for your cause.
Whether you’re brand new to the program or you want to rethink your existing campaign strategies, an expert Google Grants agency can provide the insight you need to amplify your cause within search results.
Research the program and brush up on other digital marketing best practices so you can go into any conversation with a Google Grants agency knowing exactly what you want. Here are a few great resources to get started:
- Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits: The Complete Guide. Learn everything there is to know about the Google Ad Grants program with this guide. It covers everything from eligibility requirements to best practices for smarter account management.
- How to Apply for and Manage Your Microsoft Ad Grant. Want to learn about different types of ad grants? Check out this guide to Microsoft Ad Grants for more ideas.
- How Google Ad Grants Can Help Your Fundraising. Explore this guide to creating a strong fundraising foundation for your nonprofit with an effective Google Ad Grants management strategy.